- A woman has been flogged and then hanged in Varamin
- A cab driver sexually assaulted a six-year-old girl in Iran
- U.S. casts doubt on credibility of Iran election
- Demonstrations in two Iranian universities
- Shahrokh Zamani and Khaled Hardani are on hunger strike
- Another civilian is sentenced to death in Khomeini Shahr
- US Congress Moves Toward Full Trade Embargo on Iran
- Israel says UN pressure having no effect on curbing Iran nukes
- U.S. Congress moves to tighten sanctions on Iran
- Iran pushes ahead with new nuclear plant that worries West
- Iran acts to expand sensitive nuclear capacity: diplomats
- CIA head visits Israel to discuss Syria, Iran's nuclear program
- Women skirt Iranian music ban with fancy dress
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Iranians marrying foreigners without state consent face prosecution
- More women smuggling drugs out of Iran
- Canada’s High Court could try Iran for Zahra Kazemi murder
- Iranian troops are fighting in Syria, says US
- Iran hackers aiming at U.S. energy firms
- Bahrain claims Iranian drone found
- UK: Iran, Hezbollah increasing support for Assad
- When it comes to Syria and Hezbollah, Israel is walking a tightrope
- IRGC: World now eying Iranian regime's resistance
Saturday 19 May 2012
Iran Human Rights, May 19: Two prisoners were publicly hanged in Isfahan (central Iran) early Thursday morning May 17. reported the Iranian state media today.
According to the state run Iranian enws agency Fars, two prisoners identified as Farshid and Bagher were convicted of raping two women (mother and daughter) and stealing their belongings in 2009. The execution took place in the central prison of Isfahan, said the report.
According to another Iranian news agency Mehr, Farshid was 24 year old. The report did not mention how old Bagher was at the time of committing the alleged crime.
Along with these executions, Iranian authorities have executed 14 people between May 13. and May 17. Iran Human Rights has also received reports of additional 16 executions on May 17. which have not been announced by the official Iranian sources.