- Shahrokh Zamani and Khaled Hardani are on hunger strike
- Another civilian is sentenced to death in Khomeini Shahr
- Five Years of Imprisonment for Baha'i Leaders
- Kurdish Death Row Prisoner Transferred, His Lawyer Arrested
- Two Prisoners Executed For Espionage in Tehran
- Imprisoned Dervish Transferred to Hospital after Heart Attack
- U.S. Congress moves to tighten sanctions on Iran
- Iran pushes ahead with new nuclear plant that worries West
- Iran acts to expand sensitive nuclear capacity: diplomats
- CIA head visits Israel to discuss Syria, Iran's nuclear program
- US targets Iran rial, gold imports in sanctions pressure
- Israel air strike on Syria 'is a message to Iran and the US'
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Iranians marrying foreigners without state consent face prosecution
- More women smuggling drugs out of Iran
- Canada’s High Court could try Iran for Zahra Kazemi murder
- "Hole"/ Saba Vasefi
- Bahrain claims Iranian drone found
- UK: Iran, Hezbollah increasing support for Assad
- When it comes to Syria and Hezbollah, Israel is walking a tightrope
- IRGC: World now eying Iranian regime's resistance
- Two Iranians in Kenya found guilty of bomb plots
- Iran develops rocket-launcher submarine, smart ships
Monday 21 May 2012
Iran Human Rights, May 21: According to the Iranian state media, 18 people were executed in four different Iranian cities yesterday and today. The Iranian authorities have confirmed the executions of 30 prisoners during the last seven days. IHR has received reports of 23 additional executions that have not been announced by the official Iranian media.
Iran Human Rights strongly condemns the execution wave going on in Iran and urges the international community to react. Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam, the spokesperson of IHR said: "We are puzzled by the silence of the international community despite the fact that about 50 people have been executed in Iran in just one week."
More than 80% of people executed in Iran are convicted of drug trafficking and tried by the revolutionary courts behind closed doors.
Amiry-Moghaddam has asked the UN to reconsider its cooperation with the Iranian authorities. He said: "We know that the UN and several western countries cooperate with the Iranian authorities in order to fight "drug trafficking". Many of those arrested as a consequence of this cooperation are executed. The world community must condemn these executions and stop any cooperation with Iranian authorities until there is 100% assurance that their cooperation will not contribute to the Iranian regime’s execution policy."
14 PRISONERS EXECUTED IN TEHRAN TODAY:
According to the state run Iranian news agency ISNA, 14 prisoners were executed in a Tehran prison early this morning.
All those executed today were convicted of drug trafficking. Names of those executed today will be published shortly.
TWO PEOPLE EXECUTED IN SANANDAJ (IRANIAN KURDESTAN) YESTERDAY, MAY 20:
The state run Iranian news agency Fars reported that two prisoners identified as "S.R." and "V.A." were hanged in Sanandaj prison yesterday morning. Both the prisoners were convicted of rape and robbery.
ONE PRISONER EXECUTED IN SARI (NORTHERN IRAN):
According to the official web site of the Iranian judiciary in Mazandaran, one prisoner was hanged in Sari prison (northern Iran) yesterday morning. The prisoner, who was not identified by name, was convicted of trafficking 50 kilograms of opium, said the report.
ONE PRISONER HANGED IN KERMANSHAH PRISON:
According to the Kurdish news agwncy Kurdpa, a Kurdish prisoner by the name of "Hiva Havas" was hanged in Dizelabad prison (Kermanshah) yesterday morning. The report did not mention the prisoner’s charges, but did state that Havas had previously been arrested in connection with the 2009 Iranian post-election protests. This report has not been announced by official Iranian sources.