- Shahrokh Zamani and Khaled Hardani are on hunger strike
- Another civilian is sentenced to death in Khomeini Shahr
- Five Years of Imprisonment for Baha'i Leaders
- Kurdish Death Row Prisoner Transferred, His Lawyer Arrested
- Two Prisoners Executed For Espionage in Tehran
- Imprisoned Dervish Transferred to Hospital after Heart Attack
- U.S. Congress moves to tighten sanctions on Iran
- Iran pushes ahead with new nuclear plant that worries West
- Iran acts to expand sensitive nuclear capacity: diplomats
- CIA head visits Israel to discuss Syria, Iran's nuclear program
- US targets Iran rial, gold imports in sanctions pressure
- Israel air strike on Syria 'is a message to Iran and the US'
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Iranians marrying foreigners without state consent face prosecution
- More women smuggling drugs out of Iran
- Canada’s High Court could try Iran for Zahra Kazemi murder
- "Hole"/ Saba Vasefi
- Bahrain claims Iranian drone found
- UK: Iran, Hezbollah increasing support for Assad
- When it comes to Syria and Hezbollah, Israel is walking a tightrope
- IRGC: World now eying Iranian regime's resistance
- Two Iranians in Kenya found guilty of bomb plots
- Iran develops rocket-launcher submarine, smart ships
Wednesday 23 May 2012
Iran Human Rights: Three prisoners were executed in Shiraz (southern Iran) today.
According to the official site of the Iranian judiciary in Fars Province (where Shiraz is the capital), three prisoners identified as "Z.R.", A.A." and "H.A." were hanged in the Adelabad prison of Shiraz early this morning. The prisoners were convicted of keeping and carrying 2 kilograms of heroin, carrying 32 kilograms and 309 grams of heroin and keeping and carrying 4 kilograms and 900 grams of crack, respectivly, said the report.
Together with today’s executions, Iranian authorities have executed 58 people since Monday May 15.
35 of these executions have been confirmed by the official Iranian sources while 23 executions (16 in Yazd and 7 in Rasht) have been reported by unofficial sources.
In a statement published yesterday, IHR urged the international community to condemn the execution wave going on in Iran. The spokesperson of IHR Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam said: "We are puzzled by the silence of the international community despite the fact that about 50 people have been executed in Iran in just one week".