- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Wednesday 08 November 2006
Iran Press News: The campaign for the release of Kianoosh Sanjari: A reliable source inside ward 209 of Evin prison, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that Sanjari has been under daily tortured and interrogation; during his Monday, November 6th visit from his mother, Sanjari had been put under visible pressure not to discuss anything with her. The source also added that [the torturers] have every intention of taking his life.
After hearing this news, Sanjari’s family has announced that they will be retaining a defense lawyer for him. The anonymous source added: “Everyday under the fist and boot of the interrogators, Kianoosh’s cries silences the entire ward.”
During the recent months the ministry of intelligence and security has tortured 2 activists – Akbar Mohammadi and Valiollah Fayz-Mahdavi – to death and has taken steps to do the very same with other prisoners such as Mehrdad Lohrasbi and Behrooz Javid-Tehrani, to name a few. And these are people who are known; it is a known fact that the regime disappears many unfortunate individuals whose names are not known to the public and who have not gained the recognition that some of the other brave political prisoners have.
We would like to call upon all human rights activists around the world to unite with us in defending our political prisoners and to work together in order to condemn this inhumane conduct. We will no longer tolerate these willful acts of violence against political prisoners and will soon take action against such abuse.
We ask all human rights activists around the world to unite with us in this important task.