- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Monday 24 July 2006
A Message to the American People, to Pres. George W. Bush, and to the US Congress:
We have known for some four years that Iran’s clerical leadership has, mostly through Syria and with active participation from Syrian Pres. Bashar al-Assad, been pouring thousands of Zalzal-2 and Fajr rockets and missiles into HizbAllah and Iranian Revolutionary Guard (Pasdaran) units in Lebanon’s Beqa’a Valley, for use against Israel. Now they are being used. And, clearly, this is only the beginning. They are the mass barrages meant to swamp regional defenses so that Iran’s strategic Shahab-3 ballistic missiles and other weapons can deliver WMD against Israel and other targets in the region.
The consequences will be felt not only by Israel, but by all other regional states, and by the innocent People of Iran, who have been living in misery and terror while the Islamic Republic spends billions on terrorism and nuclear weapons.
The continuance in power of the clerics threatens not only Israel, but all of the peoples of Iran, the Middle East, and the Caucasus:
Iran’s Opposition is Now United ...
There are many strands to Iran’s opposition movements: monarchists, socialists, nationalists, and so on. They have on occasion been accused of disunity. But one umbrella leadership organization with an untainted record — Azadegan — helps unify them all by supporting their common objectives, which include:
- An end to clerical rule, and the introduction of representative Government for all of Iran;
Azadegan President Dr Assad Homayoun (pictured, right) — an internationally-renowned diplomat and scholar — has said, in the organization’s Vision document, that a new Iran, under moderate leadership, can end generations of competition within the Middle East. A new, moderate Iran can act as a guarantor of the sovereignty of other regional states, ending the covert support of terrorist groups, and ushering in a new era of regional economic development which would truly transform the economic outlook of the Middle East, Central Asia and the Caucasus, the Levant, and the Maghreb and Mediterranean trading basin
The Clerics Need Confrontation to Survive …
Iran’s ruling clerics are divided among themselves, but are united in one thing: the knowledge that an international war can force the nation to rally around them. Khomeini, on the brink of being removed by popular discontent, saw this in 1982, and embraced war with Iraq, saving the clerical administration. Armageddon-minded Pres. Ahmadi-Nejad (pictured at the top of the page) is even more fatalistic, and would not hesitate to sacrifice a million Iranian lives in order to survive in power.
It will take creative planning to ensure that the present crisis results in the restoration of moderate leadership to Iran, without the region and the world being plunged into major conflict. But there are options. And there is a viable, experienced team of leaders capable of re-shaping Iran.
Azadegan is available to help manage the process of change in Iran; it has the experience and integrity to help ensure an outcome which will be in the best interests of the Iranian people, the region, and the global community. There are 50-million Iranians under 25 years of age, an awesome social force which can rapidly change the equation in Iran.
A Free Iran Can Be at the Core of Peace and Prosperity in the Middle East!