- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Friday 24 August 2007
280 arrested in wedding celebrations
The police head in Tehran announced people should be careful about organizing parties and celebrations that males and females are mixed. The police will arrest and send them to the court in this case. He said the police already discovered 21 places where such parties have been set up and arrested 280 individuals from the wedding (mixed) celebrations.
Hundreds of young boys stopped
The Iranian police in Tehran reported they noticed 254 young boys because of their dress code (wearing strange clothes) or hair styles.
Women’s clothes’ confiscation
The police in Tehran will confiscate the clothes of the ladies who arrested due to their hijab.
The ladies’ families should bring them an Islamic dress in order to release them. Their clothes will not be returned in order to prevent reusing them by their owners.
Police shut down Tehran hairdressers
Tehran police have shut down 24 hairdressing salons for both men and women across the capital in the past 15 days, apparently for breaking public-decency.
An Azeri lawyer kidnapped in Karadj
Saleh Kamrani a well known Azerbaijani lawyer and human rights defender aged about 35 returning from a marriage party in Karaj, has been kidnapped. There is no sign of where he is and what he is convicted for.
Mr. Kamrani is working on the document of many Azerbaijani political prisoners and the “Shams-e-Tabriz” the banned newspaper in Azerbaijan.
He has been arrested in June 2006 in connection with his activities and jailed for a few months in Evin and the Ministry of Intelligence prisons.
Dr. Hesam Firouzi sentenced to one year in prison
Mr. Hesam Firouzi human rights activist and Ahmad Batebi's doctor (the student in jail) accused to impeding national security and informing media about bad conditions of political prisoners sentenced to one year in prison. He is waiting for another process related to treating Ahmad Batebi.
Human rights activist disappeared
Mr. Abdullah Abbasi Javan has been disappeared since last Sunday. He might be arrested by the intelligent officers. Abbasi Javan aged 36 is an engineer, a member of the Iranian Engineers' Association, professor in university and a human rights activist.
Kurd human rights activist in death risk
Mr. Muhammed Sedigh Kiodvand, the responsible for the “Kurdestan human rights organization” jailed in section 209 of Evin prison reported the prison keepers moved two dangerous prisoners into his cell.
He protested against this decision and cited the cell is not safe for him.
He is in solitary confinement during the past 50 days.
2 years jail for an educational activist
The Iranian revolutionary court in Sanandaj sentenced an educational activist to 2 years in prison.
The executions continue all over Iran
Based on the official reports at least 12 people were executed in different places of Iran.
4 in Zahedan, 1 in Shiraz and 3 young men in Saveh are amongst the executed persons.
Qazvin: The public lashings
A man aged 25 has been beaten 80 lashes in public by the order of an Iranian religious court. The UK based DailyMail newspaper published the news and 2 pictures from the wild punishment scene.