- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Tuesday 08 March 2011
While the Green Coordinating Council had announced the gathering of protesters on Tuesday, unpublished reports suggest the heavy presence of Security forces in all cities particularly Tehran.
Green Coordinating Council: On Tuesday we will demonstrated once again, we request the Secretary-General acts upon the release of Iranian opposition leaders:
The responsibility of Green Leader is with Iranian government. Green Coordinations Council that consists of close affiliations of Mir-Hussein Musavi and Mehdi Karrubi have previously requested their supporters rallies on March 8th that coincides with International Women’s day.
According to eyewitnesses, on Tuesday afternoon from Vali-Asr St to Enghelab Sq was field with Revolutionary Gurards and Basij Forces. Reports of heavy presence of security has also been reported alongside Karim-khan Zand St.
According to this report many female officers have also been seen in the streets. West of Tehran such as Ariashahr has also been under heavy security surveillance that have prevented any demonstrations. eyewitnesses have reported similar situations around Vali-Asr and Ferdowsi Sq.
After house arrest of Mir=Hossein Musavi, Zahra Rahnavard, Mehdi Karroubi, and Fatemeh Karroubi the Green Coordination Council has stated, we will form sporadic demonstrations every Tuesday, until the release of their leaders.
Mir-Hossein Musavi and Mehdi Karroubi’s contact with the outside world has been cut, after their call for February 25th rallies that was widely welcomed by demonstrators.
Source: Green Wave News