- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Tuesday 10 April 2012
Iran Human Rights, April 10: Ten prisoners were executed in Iran yesterday and today, reported the state run Iranian media.
Three prisoners were executed in Shehr-e-Kord (western Iran) this morning:
According to the Young Joyrnalist’s Club (associated with the Iranian state broadcasting) three prisoners were executed in the central prison of Shahr-e-Kord early this morning April 10. According to the report the prisoners who were not identified by name, were convicted of drug-related crimes.
One of the prisoners was convicted of carrying 400 grams of crack, 22 grams of "shisheh" (synthetic heroin) and 14 grams of hashish, and had in addition confessed to selling one kilogram of heroin, said the report. The two other prisoners were convicted of participation in keeping 3 kilos and 102 grams of heroin, crack and shisheh, and participation in keeping 2 kilos and 783 grams of the same substances, respectively.
Two prisoners were hanged in Tabas (eastern Iran) today:
According to the state run Iranian news agency ISNA, two prisoners were hanged in the prison of Tabas (eastern Iran) this morning April 10. According to the report the prisoners were identified as "A. H." (45 year-old) charged with participation in carrying 1380 kilos of opium, 498 kilos of morphine, and keeping and carrying 190 kilos of opium, and "M. M." (30 year-old) charged with carrying 30 kilos of heroin, said the report.
Five prisoners were hanged in Kerman province (southeastern Iran):
According to the official website of the Iranian judiciary in Kerman, five prieoners were hanged in the cities of Bam and Kerman yesterday April 9. None of the prisoners were identified by name and no further details were given in the report.
According to IHR’s annual report on the death penalty in 2011 in Iran, more than 676 people were executed in 2011 in this country. According to this report more than 80% of those executed were charged with drug-related offences and tried behind closed doors by the revolutionary courts. IHR has received several reports of forced confessions in such cases.