- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Saturday 29 December 2012
Banooyesabz - In a statement provided to Kaleme, 41 political prisoners at Evin prison condemn the recent illegal pressure and restrictions on political prisoners at Evin’s general ward 350 following their revelations regarding the torture and death of the late Sattar Beheshti.
The full content of the statement as provided to Kaleme is as follows:
In the name of God the merciful and kind,
In recent weeks following revelations by a number of political prisoners at Evin prison’s ward 350 regarding the torture that led to the death of an innocent Iranian citizen, Sattar Beheshti, prison officials and the intelligence apparatus rather than implementing serious repercussions against the true criminals have instead opted to impose increasing restrictions and pressure on the prisoners behind bars at Evin’s ward 350.
The most recent attempt occurred on Tuesday December 25th, 2012 with the sudden and illegal transfer of Mostafa Nili from Evin to Rajai Shahr prison, an act that was strongly condemned by the political prisoners at ward 350. This illegal act was followed by yet another immoral, inhumane and illegal move in which Seyed Mohammad Seyf Zadeh, a renowned lawyer and legal expert and one of the oldest political prisoners at Evin’s ward 350 who has been suffering from a serious ailment for quite some time now, was taken to Evin’s infirmary under the pretext that he would receive medical treatment, only to be kidnapped and also transferred to Rajai Shahr prison.
The above mentioned cases are examples of the ever increasing illegal involvement by the Intelligence Ministry in the day to day affairs of Evin’s ward 350, resulting in further aggravation and tension within this ward.
While condemning such actions we urgently demand that the judicial authorities and in particular the the head of the judiciary put an end to the illegal acts that have led to the violation of prisoner rights and to return the above mentioned prisoners to Evin’s Ward 350. Furthermore, we wish to remind those responsible for such acts of the following words of God:
Koran Surah Al-Ma’idah verse 8:
..witnesses in justice, do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.
Names of 41 Signatories:
Source: Kaleme http://www.kaleme.com/1391/10/07/klm-126387/