- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Sunday 03 April 2016
HRANA News Agency – Sakineh Uzbek, Afghan refugee child who was thrown from the balcony of the third floor after being beaten by her husband, has been abandoned in Shariati Hospital by the law enforcement officials without treatment.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), Sakineh Uzbek, 15-year-old Afghan refugee and graduated from autonomous school for Afghan children and resident in Sabashahr who was thrown from the balcony of the third floor after being beaten by her husband, has been abandoned in Shariati Hospital and her family and husband has abandoned her and the hospital due to the high costs of the treatment (seven millions Toman) refuse to cooperate while the law enforcement authorities have taken no action in this regard so far.
Miss Najafi, CEO of the association of helping children announced this news and said in an interview with the reporter of HRANA: “Sakineh Uzbek is already 15 years old and has been forced to marry at age of 14. This child’s husband wanted to strangle her because of the age difference, she was thrown from the balcony of the third floor after being beaten by her husband. It happened two weeks ago and this child, only today could contact and inform us.”
Miss Najafi concerning the legal status of the event said: “The issue of domestic violence and especially harassment of the girls happen frequently in the Iranian and the Afghan families, particularly families in the small towns. We will follow up her rights. Her husband deserves penalty for committing such strange violence, so as to prevent repeating such incidents.”
Miss Najafi responded to question about the cooperation of the hospital: “The assistance part of the hospital has really helped in previous cases to bring the costs down. The problem is that Afghan refugees do not have insurance, now imagine that this refugee do not have a residency card either. In this case I will be aware of this tomorrow.”
She also said about the current physical condition of Miss Uzbek: “Sakineh was under hip surgery, her jaw was broken and her ear is torn. The costs of the hospital were very high and her father failed to provide the money and the child was abandoned in the hospital.”
According to official statistics of the Iranian media 66% of the women are victims of domestic violence.