- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Tuesday 05 April 2016
HRANA News Agency – Mostafa Azizi went back to the prison after the end of his New Year furlough. It is expected more political prisoners will return to the prison soon.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), Mostafa Azizi, writer and well-known artist went back to prison by the end of his New Year furlough. Many other political prisoners with the same condition are expected to summit themselves to the prison soon.
This political prisoner was sent to the furlough along with other political prisoners on March 19th.
Mr. Azizi has been sentenced to 8 years in prison on June 1, 2015, in branch number 15 of the revolutionary court by judge Salavati, on charge of collusion against the national security, propaganda against the regime and insulting the supreme leader. This sentence was reduced to three years in prison and fines by branch number 54 of appeal court by judge Poor Arab.
Mostafa Azizi, 53, is the writer of “I am Raymond Carver” and former producer of Iran national TV. He had migrated to Canada in 2010. He was arrested shortly after he went back to Iran on February 1, 2015.
Mr. Azizi spent his first month of detention in ward 2-A in Evin prison and was sent to furlough recently after spending a year and a month in this prison.