- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Monday 02 May 2016
HRANA News Agency – Branch number 54 of the appeal court of Tehran, reduced the primary sentence of Atena Faraghdani from 12 years and 9 months to 18 months in prison. Therefore, she will be released very soon.
According to the report of Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA), the sentence of 12 years and 9 months of the imprisoned artist, Atena Faraghdani, was dropped by branch number 54 of the appeal court of Tehran, and she was sentenced to 18 months in prison, on charge of propaganda against the regime. With the consideration of her detention time and imprisonment period, her sentence will be fully served on May 11, and she is expected to be released from Evin prison.
Mohammad Moghimi, lawyer of this Iranian artist and student publicized this news and said, “According to the verdict which has been issued by branch number 54 of the appeal court, my client was plead not guilty of collusion against the national security, for insulting the supreme leader charge, the 3 years prison sentence was suspended and conditioned for 4 years, for insulting the president and parliament members and prison officials of ward 2-A received fines, and finally the 18 months in prison sentence for propaganda against the regime was confirmed”.
Mohammad Moghimi, human rights specialist and grade-one lawyer, also emphasized, “Because the imprisonment of my client, Ms. Faraghdani will be finished on May 11, we are expecting her freedom soon”.
Atena Faraghdani, after two months from her imprisonment in ward 2-A which is controlled by the IRGC, publicized that her critical drawings were the main subject during her interrogations. She is currently kept in women’s ward in Evin prison.
UN-Secretary General mentioned Ms. Faraghdani’s case in his last report and criticized Iranian judicial officials about taking forced virginity test, for a new case that was fabricated for her.