- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Sunday 06 November 2016
A senior commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps al-Quds Force has said that the year 2016 would be a resolute year in Syrian civil war.
Deputy Commander of al-Quds force, Ismail Qaiana, was quoted as saying in a speech in Tehran that “this conflict needs sacrifice,” according to ISNA news agency.
Qaiana is the deputy of Major General Qassem Suleimani, the Quds Force commander and head of Iranian strategy in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon.
He added: “In Syria, we need competent commanders to impose the resolve of the Iranian regime over our rivals,’ in one of the most direct statements that reflect the Islamic Republic objectives in Syria.
Qaiana’s statement echoes those of Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, the Commander of the IRGC, who was quoted saying last month: “Iran is the one to determine Syria’s fate, major powers are obliged to negotiate with Iran to ascertain the future of the countries of the region including Syria.
Jaafari claimed that the “defenders of the holy shrines” will continue the fight until the achievement of the goals of the Iranian revolution in the region.
*This article also appears on AlArabiya.net.