- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Sunday 13 November 2016
Eleven Arab countries have sent a letter of complaint to the United Nations voicing their concerns of Iran’s continuous expansion of their policies in the region, Al Arabiya News channel reported.
The letter condemned Iran's role in Yemen and their support and training of Houthi militias, as well as the smuggling of arms to them.
The Gulf Cooperation Council countries, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan and Yemen sent the letter to Peter Thomson, the president of the UN General Assembly 71st session, and was distributed to UN state members.
The letter comes in response to the false allegations which the Iranian delegation made on September 26 during the general debate of the UN General Assembly.
The letter voiced concerns of Iran’s calls for a revolution, adding that Iran sponsors terrorism in Lebanon, Syria and Yemen and supports terrorist cells and groups in Bahrain, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and other countries.
It also said that the operation Decisive Storm was launched upon the request of the legitimate government in Yemen and slammed Iran's attempts to stir sectarian strife in the region.
This article is also available in Arabic at AlArabiya.Net.