- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Wednesday 16 November 2016
On the morning of Sunday November 13, three unidentified prisoners were reportedly hanged at Rasht's Lakan Prison (Gilan province, northern Iran) and six prisoners were reportedly hanged at Urmia's Darya Prison (West Azerbaijan province, northwestern Iran).
According to the state-run news agency Fars, two of the prisoners executed at Lakan Prison were sentenced to death on drug related charges and the other prisoner was sentenced to death on murder charges. The report says one of the drug related prisoners was 56 years old and charged with trafficking 500 grams of heroin while the other prisoner was 33 years old and charged with possession of 997 grams of crack and one kilogram of opium. The report says the prisoner hanged on murder charges was 36 years old. The names of the prisoners were not mentioned in the report.
According to the human rights news agency HRANA, the prisoners hanged at Darya Prison were all sentenced to death on drug related charges. These prisoners were reportedly transferred to solitary confinement the day before their execution. HRANA has identified these prisoners as: Karam Gholizadeh (charged with possessing and trafficking four kilograms of heroin), Mahkoom Ayjak (details of case file unknown), Aref Esmaeili (jailed for three years before he was executed, charged with possessing and trafficking 800 grams of narcotics), Nasser Hosseini (jailed for three years before he was executed), Farrokh Abdini (charged with possessing and trafficking one kilogram of heroin), and Javad Asghari (jailed for four years before he was executed).