- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Sunday 15 January 2017
In the last few days, at least 26 people, including two women, were reportedly executed in various Iranian prisons.
14 PRISONERS EXECUTED
According to close sources, at least 14 prisoners were reportedly hanged at Karaj Central Prison on Saturday January 14 on drug related charges. Iran Human Rights has obtained the names of ten of these prisoners: Mohammad Soleimani, Ali Ebadi, Ali Reza Moradi, Majid Badarloo, Omid Garshasebi, Ali Yousefi, Seyed Ali Sorouri, Ebrahim Jafari, Ali Mohammad Lorestani, and Mohsen Jelokhani.
12 of these prisoners were reportedly transferred to solitary confinement on the morning of Sunday January 8 in preparation for their executions. In a recent joint statement, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch called on Iranian authorities to halt these executions. Iran Human Rights had also released a statement calling on the Iranian authorities to halt these executions.
According to a family member of one of the executed prisoners, two women were among these prisoners. They were reportedly transferred from Gharchak Prison to Karaj Central Prison for execution. The names of the two women are not known at this time.
AT LEAST 5 PRISONERS EXECUTED
At least five prisoners were reportedly executed at Karaj's Rajai Shahr Prison on Saturday January 14. According to close sources, these prisoners were sentenced to death on murder and Moharebeh (enmity against God) charges. Iran Human Rights has obtained the names of four of these prisoners: Siamak Shafiee, Abouzar Alijani, Saeed Teymouri, and Reza Naghizadeh.
ONE PRISONER EXECUTED
On Thursday January 12, a prisoner was reportedly hanged at Hamedan Central Prison on drug related charges. Iran Human Rights has identified the prisoner as 37-year-old Babak Asghari.
"Babak was arrested in July 2011 and was sentenced to death in May 2013 for possession and trafficking of four kilograms of crystal meth and three kilograms of hash," a confirmed source tells Iran Human Rights.
AT LEAST THREE PRISONERS EXECUTED
According to the human rights news agency, HRANA, at least three prisoners were hanged at Qazvin's central prison on Thursday January 12. HRANA has identified one of the prisoners as Akbar Kabiri, sentenced to death on drug related charges. The names and charges of the two other prisoners are not known at this time.
TWO PRISONERS EXECUTED
According to a report by Iranian state-run media, IRIB, two prisoners were hanged at Rasht's central prison on Saturday January 14 on drug related charges. The report does not identify the names of the prisoners, but mentions other details about them. One of the prisoners was identified as 31 years old, charged with trafficking two kilograms of crystal meth. The other prisoner was reportedly charged with trafficking one kilogram and 766 grams of crystal meth.
ONE PRISONER EXECUTED
According to the Iranian state-run media, Rokna, a prisoner was hanged at a prison in the city of Sari on Wednesday January 12 on murder charges. The report does not identify the name of the prisoner, but cites the age of the prisoner as 21 years.