- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Friday 17 March 2017
Wow, who knew that the Israeli air force was running ops in Syria? In the news this morning, Israel is bragging that they intercepted and downed a Syrian SAM that was sent up after one of its planes. Israel says they’re in Syria to hit Hezbollah’s version of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. Okay, now we’ve got Israel running its own airstrikes in there, Turkey also from time to time, Russia we know, the United States we know, and Iran when they find spare parts for their F-4 Phantoms. Plus the Syrian air force, of course. Hmmm…several nations involved in one war. Sounds like a micro world war to me.
Now this is just all up in the air, so to speak. But let some of those aircraft bump into one another, and someone panics and turns loose of a AAM or a burst from his 20mm cannon and this little air show could turn into dogfight city with detours through SAM Alley. You can’t have this many aircraft all operating in there before, sooner or later, something is going to happen. But more to the point, Israel in there is the joker in the deck that could really heat things up.
Israel can pull off ops like when they took out Saddam’s Osirak nuclear power plant. While they couldn’t say so out loud, most of the Arab states were quietly relieved that Saddam couldn’t get a hold of a nuclear weapon. But as far as sticking its mitts into a war that is in Syria and does not concern Israel, that could blow up badly. Israel SAYS this is about Hezbollah, but can they be believed? If that SAM had caught up with that Israeli plane and the pilot punched out and got captured by Syrian ground forces, we’d have seen some serious escalation. And that is exactly what’s going to happen if Israel is not ordered out of the pool ASAP.
Not that Israel being told to leave the party will stop this world war from continuing and escalating. The United States now has at least one heavy artillery firebase in Syria running 155mm howitzer fire missions. They came in there with up-armored Humvees and Stryker APCs, too. Plus, there’s a U.S. military “reaction force” squatting over in Kuwait on stand-by. And this all began because Assad needed to be removed??!! Oh, come on! There’s got to be more to it than that.