- Arzhang Davoodi sentenced to death by the revolutionary court
- 50 prisoners have been hanged in Kerman during last 6 months
- 7 Sunni converts arrested for holding congregational Taraweeh prayers
- Ay. Sadr Issues Fatwa on Bahai Rights
- Iranian Judiciary Sentences Longtime Imprisoned Writer Arzhang Davoudi to Death
- Mother of U.S. Marine jailed in Iran pleads for her son as nuclear talks are extended
- Senator calls for return of Iran sanctions
- Would Hitting Russia With Iran-Style Sanctions Work?
- Trying to stop an Iran giveaway
- Extending Iran talks – potential and limitations
- No, Obama Isn't Our New Chamberlain
- EU extends Iran sanctions hold-off until November
- City of Tehran’s female workers fired 'for own well-being'
- Marriage of 31,000 Underage Girls in 9 Months
- Iran won’t let women watch the world cup
- Female Musicians Banned from Stage in Isfahan
- Iranian Journalist Denounced as ‘Whore’ Amid Women’s Rights Campaign
- Woman Hanged in Northern Iran- Mother in Law Carried Out the Execution
- Qatar seeks to pull Hamas away from Iran
- Iran military might aimed at countering great enemy: Cmdr.
- Iran draws up roadmap to send humans into space
- Iranian commanders on front line of Iraq's fight
- Iran’s fingerprints all over Hamas-Israel conflict
- With Help from Iran, Hamas Fights Israel With Rockets
Saturday 29 July 2006
The organization for the defense of human rights in Kurdistan
Shamameh (Malak) Ghorbani, is a 34-year-old woman from the suburbs of the town of Naqdeh (province of Kurdistan); she is a mother of two children, a girl named Someyeh and a son, Ahmad; Shamameh was charged with in June of 2005 and was jailed. Within the recent weeks however the Islamic court in the city of Orumiyeh has re-sentenced her to execution through stoning.
Shamameh has been abandoned by her family and now alone and without anyone to turn to, has fallen victim to the barbarous and mysoginist Islamic laws. The organization for the defense of human rights in Kurdistan welcomes her as its honorary member and has begun a campaign to save her life. This organization calls upon the Islamic republic of Iran’s judiciary, the office of the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights as well as other human rights NGO’s to have this verdict overturned.