- Video shows heartbreak of children of American pastor jailed in Iran
- Iran's Christians flee to unlikely sanctuary in Bulgaria
- Iran bans permanent contraception to boost population growth
- Further Information: Seyed Jamal Hosseini found dead in Turkey
- At least 3 death row prisoners taken to solitary confinements
- Ibrahim Farabad Fallahiyah sentenced to 6 years in prison
- Rouhani calls Iranian critics of his nuclear policy "cowards"
- Iran denies agreement on Arak, Fordow nuclear sites
- The Unspoken Issues of the Vienna Talks
- Clinton: Any Enrichment by Iran Could Trigger Arms Race
- IAEA asks for 1 million euros to oversee Iran nuclear deal extension
- Cut Obama some slack on Iran
- Poet Known As The 'Lioness Of Iran' Dies At 87
- Hitting the beach in hijab in Iran
- City of Tehran’s female workers fired 'for own well-being'
- Marriage of 31,000 Underage Girls in 9 Months
- Iran won’t let women watch the world cup
- Female Musicians Banned from Stage in Isfahan
- Iran's elite Guards fighting in Iraq to push back Islamic State
- IRGC: Tsunami of Iran's Assistance to Palestine to Destroy Israel
- IRGC: "We Will Hunt Down Israelis House To House "
- Khamenei calls for end to 'murderous' Israeli regime
- Does Iran genuinely support Hamas and the Palestinians?
- Why You Should Blame Iran For The Gaza Conflict
Saturday 29 July 2006
The organization for the defense of human rights in Kurdistan
Shamameh (Malak) Ghorbani, is a 34-year-old woman from the suburbs of the town of Naqdeh (province of Kurdistan); she is a mother of two children, a girl named Someyeh and a son, Ahmad; Shamameh was charged with in June of 2005 and was jailed. Within the recent weeks however the Islamic court in the city of Orumiyeh has re-sentenced her to execution through stoning.
Shamameh has been abandoned by her family and now alone and without anyone to turn to, has fallen victim to the barbarous and mysoginist Islamic laws. The organization for the defense of human rights in Kurdistan welcomes her as its honorary member and has begun a campaign to save her life. This organization calls upon the Islamic republic of Iran’s judiciary, the office of the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights as well as other human rights NGO’s to have this verdict overturned.