- 43 Executions in 3 Days: One Juvenile and One Public Execution Among Wednesday’s Six Executions
- 8 Prisoners Hanged for Drug-Related Charges in Iran This Morning
- Six Prisoners Hanged in Iran
- Several Civilians Arrested in Ahvaz
- US Marine imprisoned in Iran a victim of torture, cruelty, family says
- Kourosh Zaeim Has Been Summoned to the Court
- It’s time to learn from history, Bibi
- Three issues with the 'historic framework' with Iran
- Would a new Russian missile system make Israeli airstrikes on Iran impossible?
- Russian Missiles to Iran Won’t Impact Our Military Options
- Delivery of S-300 missile system has been finalized
- Pentagon upgrades biggest ‘bunker buster’ bomb in case Iran talks fail
- Worsening Conditions for Women in Iran Begin to Draw Attention
- Identity of Killer of Zahra Kazemi is Known
- Negar Haeri Released on the Bail
- Fariba Ashtari Begins Her 2-Year Sentence in Yazd Prison
- Activists Ask FIFA to Intervene to End Iran’s Ban on Women in Stadiums
- Iran to let foreign women watch men's volleyball tournament
- Details of Iran’s regional influence point to the need to confront it
- Iran Is Raising Sophistication and Frequency of Cyberattacks, Study Says
- Ten maps that explain Iran's power play in the Middle East
- The Iran deal sharpens the Persian Gulf region’s sectarian divide
- Is Iran Overstretched in Syria?
- Dastjerdi Appointed to Lead an IRGC Conglomerate
Saturday 29 July 2006
The organization for the defense of human rights in Kurdistan
Shamameh (Malak) Ghorbani, is a 34-year-old woman from the suburbs of the town of Naqdeh (province of Kurdistan); she is a mother of two children, a girl named Someyeh and a son, Ahmad; Shamameh was charged with in June of 2005 and was jailed. Within the recent weeks however the Islamic court in the city of Orumiyeh has re-sentenced her to execution through stoning.
Shamameh has been abandoned by her family and now alone and without anyone to turn to, has fallen victim to the barbarous and mysoginist Islamic laws. The organization for the defense of human rights in Kurdistan welcomes her as its honorary member and has begun a campaign to save her life. This organization calls upon the Islamic republic of Iran’s judiciary, the office of the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights as well as other human rights NGO’s to have this verdict overturned.