- Authorities Conceal Location of Imprisoned Hunger-Striking Spiritual Thinker After He Slips Into a Coma
- Narges Mohammadi Won Awards For Her Peaceful Activism. Iran Put Her Behind Bars.
- Family fears for elderly American imprisoned in Iran
- Casualties in Hama, clashes and aerial bombardment at Deir Ezzor
- Injuries in targeting by the Syria Democratic Forces for the countryside of Aleppo and aerial bombardment and shells target the city
- Ayatollah Montazeri’s Son Legally Defends Releasing Audio File of Father Denouncing 1988 Mass Execution of Prisoners
- Another View: Poliquin has good reason to oppose U.S.-Iran nuclear deal
- ‘Stakes’ Ad Pushes for Support of Iran Sanctions Act Extension
- Opinion: Iran Nuke Deal Will Spawn More Proxy Attacks Like The Ones In Yemen
- Why an Iran-Style Deal Isn't Possible with North Korea
- Marco Rubio: Iran Nuclear Deal an Unfolding Disaster
- U.S. Can Pursue Turk Accused of Conspiring to Violate Iran Sanctions
- Imprisoned Kurdish woman at risk of losing sight: Amnesty
- Iranian Women Naghals at Frankfurt Book Fair
- Woman Sentenced to 6 years in Prison for Unpublished Story and Facebook Posts Rejects Prison Summons
- Leila Vaziri & the Nine Female Olympians from Iran
- A Woman and Man Executed in Northern Iran on Drug Related Charges
- Atena Faraghdani Will be Released on May 11th.
- Aleppo: Mortar attack marks end of ceasefire
- Fighting Rages on Yemen-Saudi Border Despite Truce
- Smart Power: Cash-Flush Iran Steps Up Funding to Radical Group Attacking US Ships
- NSA contractor to be charged with espionage after making off with 50 TB of data
- Iran Demands “Many Billions” In New Hostage Ransoms
- Islamic Jihad leader praises Iran
Saturday 29 July 2006
The organization for the defense of human rights in Kurdistan
Shamameh (Malak) Ghorbani, is a 34-year-old woman from the suburbs of the town of Naqdeh (province of Kurdistan); she is a mother of two children, a girl named Someyeh and a son, Ahmad; Shamameh was charged with in June of 2005 and was jailed. Within the recent weeks however the Islamic court in the city of Orumiyeh has re-sentenced her to execution through stoning.
Shamameh has been abandoned by her family and now alone and without anyone to turn to, has fallen victim to the barbarous and mysoginist Islamic laws. The organization for the defense of human rights in Kurdistan welcomes her as its honorary member and has begun a campaign to save her life. This organization calls upon the Islamic republic of Iran’s judiciary, the office of the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights as well as other human rights NGO’s to have this verdict overturned.