- Kurdish Death Row Prisoner Transferred, His Lawyer Arrested
- Two Prisoners Executed For Espionage in Tehran
- Imprisoned Dervish Transferred to Hospital after Heart Attack
- Seven prisoners Were Hanged In Northern Iran
- Three Prisoners Were Hanged In Central Iran
- Dervish Issued Harsh Sentence to Intimidate Others
- Iran acts to expand sensitive nuclear capacity: diplomats
- CIA head visits Israel to discuss Syria, Iran's nuclear program
- US targets Iran rial, gold imports in sanctions pressure
- Israel air strike on Syria 'is a message to Iran and the US'
- Israel Will Strike Iran 's Subterranean Nuclear Sites
- Iran, not Israel, faces an existential threat, says top US analyst
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Iranians marrying foreigners without state consent face prosecution
- More women smuggling drugs out of Iran
- Canada’s High Court could try Iran for Zahra Kazemi murder
- "Hole"/ Saba Vasefi
- When it comes to Syria and Hezbollah, Israel is walking a tightrope
- IRGC: World now eying Iranian regime's resistance
- Two Iranians in Kenya found guilty of bomb plots
- Iran develops rocket-launcher submarine, smart ships
- Iran to unveil indigenous ballistic, cruise missiles
- Why Iran Is Trying to Save the Syrian Regime
Saturday 14 April 2012
Europe News -- Ayatollah Mohammad Taghi Mesbah-Yazdi is a religious advisor to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran. His theological ideas have been influential in the formation of Iranian state policy.
The following article about Ayatollah Mesbah-Yazdi originally appeared on the Iranian dissident news site Rooz Online . Many thanks to Shabnam Assadollahi for the translation:
The article below is very eye-opening about the Human Rights violations of the Islamic Republic of Iran…
Mesbah-Yazdi: "No place for Human Rights, democracy or citizenship in Islam”
Mesbah-Yazdi, the theoretician of violence, gave a new speech at the end of Ramadan (end of August) in which he criticized the opinion of those people who claim Islam is based on generosity and respect for Human Rights.
In this speech he said: "Democracy, Human Rights and the rights of citizenship have no place in Islam.” He continued that there is no room for freedom of speech and thought in Islam, and that Islam is based on strictness and violence. Muslims and those who convert to the religion of Islam must only adhere to the opinions of the leader of the Islamic Republic, according to Mesbah. He continued: "Until a person has converted to Islam, he is free — but democracy and Human Rights have no meaning within Islam. Everything must be under the surveillance of the government, even the way people dress. And if some people say otherwise, they don’t know Islam.”
Mesbah-Yazdi founded the official ideological school for the politics of the regime with the unlimited budget approved by the government, which is supported by oil money. This ideology is, as mentioned by him, oppression and violence while paying no attention to the basic citizen and human rights. According to the expertise of knowledgeable scholars, Mesbah’s claims stand in contradiction to the teachings of the Quran that are based on the high value of each human being (KARAMAT).
The International Organization to preserve Human Rights in Iran strongly rejects such anti-religious and anti-human ideologies. It would be appropriate for the United Nations to demand that the government of Iran accept and provide a visa for Dr. Ahmad Shaheed, special rapporteur on international human rights, so that the minds of the people all around the world can comprehend the catastrophes taking place in the dark dungeons of the judiciary departments of Iran.
The International Organization to preserve Human Rights in Iran, 1. September 2011