- Imprisoned Dervish Transferred to Hospital after Heart Attack
- Seven prisoners Were Hanged In Northern Iran
- Three Prisoners Were Hanged In Central Iran
- Dervish Issued Harsh Sentence to Intimidate Others
- 2 Christians are arrested in Tehran
- Iran’s Pre-Election Crackdown on Journalists
- CIA head visits Israel to discuss Syria, Iran's nuclear program
- US targets Iran rial, gold imports in sanctions pressure
- Israel air strike on Syria 'is a message to Iran and the US'
- Israel Will Strike Iran 's Subterranean Nuclear Sites
- Iran, not Israel, faces an existential threat, says top US analyst
- Oil-rich Emirates a key part of defense against Iran
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Iranians marrying foreigners without state consent face prosecution
- More women smuggling drugs out of Iran
- Canada’s High Court could try Iran for Zahra Kazemi murder
- "Hole"/ Saba Vasefi
- When it comes to Syria and Hezbollah, Israel is walking a tightrope
- IRGC: World now eying Iranian regime's resistance
- Two Iranians in Kenya found guilty of bomb plots
- Iran develops rocket-launcher submarine, smart ships
- Iran to unveil indigenous ballistic, cruise missiles
- Why Iran Is Trying to Save the Syrian Regime
Sunday 29 April 2012
Bloomberg -- Iran discovered “one of the biggest natural gas fields in the Middle East,” with reserves comparable to those of the South Pars field, Mehr reported, citing an industry official.
The gas was found in southwestern Khuzestan province at a deposit already known to contain crude oil, said National Iranian Oil Co. Director for Exploration Mahmoud Mohaddes, according to the state-run news agency. A 5000-meter (16,400- foot) well will be drilled “soon” to collect further information, he said.
South Pars, the world’s largest proved gas deposit, is shared between Iran and Qatar. Iran holds the world’s second- largest gas reserves, with 29.6 trillion cubic meters, according to the BP Statistical Review of World Energy in June 2011. Russia has the biggest reserves of the fuel, BP data show.
To contact the reporter on this story: Ladane Nasseri in Dubai at [email protected]
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Andrew J. Barden at [email protected]