- Weekly report on Human Right Violation in Iran
- Vahid Asghari refused to appear in the court
- Akbar Amini the political activist arrested
- Behnam Ibrahimzadeh summoned to return prison
- Arash Sadeghi’s hunger strike continues
- Two Kurds die of self-immolation
- Israel won't accept less than total halt of Iran's nuclear enrichment
- Rowhani vows 'moderation,' but won't halt nuclear program
- Israel will do everything to prevent another Holocaust
- Iran takes key step in nuclear reactor construction
- Iran Candidate Attacks Jalili’s ‘Stubborn’ Nuclear Diplomacy
- UN nuclear chief blasts Iran for leading IAEA 'in circles'
- Iran’s women discriminated against by law
- Women, Law and Sexuality in Iran
- Iranian women are second-class citizens
- Women skirt Iranian music ban with fancy dress
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Report: Iran sending 4,000 troops to aid Assad
- Syria: North Korean military 'advising Assad regime'
- Iran cuts Hamas’ funding for backing Syrian opposition
- Neighbors in Lebanese city fight Syrian proxy war
- Hezbollah takes Syria risk at Iran's behest: experts
- Iranian troops are fighting in Syria, says US
Friday 04 May 2012
Haaretz -- Iran will never suspend its uranium enrichment program and there is no justification to close the Fordo underground site, an Iranian envoy said on Friday, making clear Tehran's red lines in talks with world powers later this month.
Last month a senior U.S. official said the United States and its allies would demand that Iran halt higher-grade uranium enrichment and immediately close the Fordo facility at talks over Tehran's nuclear standoff with the West.
But Iran's ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Ali Asghar Soltanieh, told Reuters he saw "no justification" for closing Fordo, which he said was under IAEA surveillance.
"When you have a safe place, secure place under IAEA control, then why do you tell me that I should close it," he said.
Soltanieh spoke ahead of an upcoming round of nuclear talks set to be held in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad later this month, following initial talks held in Istanbul.
Referring to Baghdad talks on Thursday, Iran's Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi told Iran's state TV that participants should set a new framework to the negotiations.
“Experts of the two sides should draw a plan to determine next steps in a transparent way and prepare the grounds for building confidence,” Salehi told Press TV.