- Shahrokh Zamani and Khaled Hardani are on hunger strike
- Another civilian is sentenced to death in Khomeini Shahr
- Five Years of Imprisonment for Baha'i Leaders
- Kurdish Death Row Prisoner Transferred, His Lawyer Arrested
- Two Prisoners Executed For Espionage in Tehran
- Imprisoned Dervish Transferred to Hospital after Heart Attack
- U.S. Congress moves to tighten sanctions on Iran
- Iran pushes ahead with new nuclear plant that worries West
- Iran acts to expand sensitive nuclear capacity: diplomats
- CIA head visits Israel to discuss Syria, Iran's nuclear program
- US targets Iran rial, gold imports in sanctions pressure
- Israel air strike on Syria 'is a message to Iran and the US'
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Iranians marrying foreigners without state consent face prosecution
- More women smuggling drugs out of Iran
- Canada’s High Court could try Iran for Zahra Kazemi murder
- "Hole"/ Saba Vasefi
- Bahrain claims Iranian drone found
- UK: Iran, Hezbollah increasing support for Assad
- When it comes to Syria and Hezbollah, Israel is walking a tightrope
- IRGC: World now eying Iranian regime's resistance
- Two Iranians in Kenya found guilty of bomb plots
- Iran develops rocket-launcher submarine, smart ships
Monday 07 May 2012
Iran Human Rights, May 7: Ten prisoners were executed in Iran reported Iranian state media today.
Nine prisoners executed in Tehran today:
According to the state run Iranian news agency Fars, nine prisoners were hanged in Tehran’s Evin prison today.
Seven of the prisoners were convicted of planning to send a container with 500 kilograms of "Shisheh" to a Southeast Asian country, said the report. The prisoners were identified as Reza Golshani, Abolfazl Norouzi, Majid Heydarkhani, Majid Doosti, Majid Mandehi, Ali Alaeiand Babak Paravarzar, according to the report.
The two other prisoners who were hanged in Tehran today were two brothers by the names Bahman and Behzad Nabavi. They were convicted of synthesizing and keeping 212 kilos and 610 grams of Shisheh, said the report.
One prisoner was hanged in the prison of Tabriz (North-eastern Iran):
According to the state run Iranian news agency Fars, a man convicted of sexually abusing several minor girls was hanged in the prison of Tabriz (North-eastern Iran). The man was not identified by name. The news of his execution was published by the state run Iranian media today. However, according to Iran Human Rights’ sources the execution took place on Wednesday May 3.