- Kurdish Death Row Prisoner Transferred, His Lawyer Arrested
- Two Prisoners Executed For Espionage in Tehran
- Imprisoned Dervish Transferred to Hospital after Heart Attack
- Seven prisoners Were Hanged In Northern Iran
- Three Prisoners Were Hanged In Central Iran
- Dervish Issued Harsh Sentence to Intimidate Others
- Iran acts to expand sensitive nuclear capacity: diplomats
- CIA head visits Israel to discuss Syria, Iran's nuclear program
- US targets Iran rial, gold imports in sanctions pressure
- Israel air strike on Syria 'is a message to Iran and the US'
- Israel Will Strike Iran 's Subterranean Nuclear Sites
- Iran, not Israel, faces an existential threat, says top US analyst
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Iranians marrying foreigners without state consent face prosecution
- More women smuggling drugs out of Iran
- Canada’s High Court could try Iran for Zahra Kazemi murder
- "Hole"/ Saba Vasefi
- When it comes to Syria and Hezbollah, Israel is walking a tightrope
- IRGC: World now eying Iranian regime's resistance
- Two Iranians in Kenya found guilty of bomb plots
- Iran develops rocket-launcher submarine, smart ships
- Iran to unveil indigenous ballistic, cruise missiles
- Why Iran Is Trying to Save the Syrian Regime
Monday 18 June 2012
Based on the reports by the Coordinating Committee to Help Form Workers’ Organizations in Iran, on June 15, the police raid with machine guns on the meeting of the sixth general assembly of the organization resulted in the arrest of sixty of the labor activists. On June 16, Cyrus Fathi, Alireza Asgari, Jalil Mohammadi, Saeed Marzban, Massoud Salimpour, Maziar Mehrpour, Reihaneh Ansari, Faramarz Fetratnejad, and Mitra Homayouni remained arrested while the rest of the detainees have been freed. Reihaneh Ansari has received 20 days incarceration and 66 thousands dollars bail.
According to the committee, the arrests were done at a house in the city of Karaj without showing any warrants and using machine creating an atmosphere of terror and fear in the neighborhood.
Coordinating Committee to Help Form Workers’ Organizations in Iran released the following statement:
Yesterday, Friday 15th of June at 12 noon 60 members of the Coordinating Committee to Help Form Workers’ organizations and a number of labor activists were arrested by agents of the city of Karaj.
According to the latest news, Mitra Homayooni, Vafa Ghaderi, Reyhaneh Ansari, Khaled Hosseini, Mahmoud Salehi, Saeed Moghaddam, Cyrus Fathi, Ghaleb Hosseini, Mohammad Abdipour, Jalal Hosseini, Alireza Asgari, Masoud Salimpour, Abbas Andriyany, Sediq Amjadi, Fattah Soleimani, Maziar Mehrpour, Mhommad Molanai, Vahed Seyyedeh, Jalil Sharifian, Sediq Khosravi, Yusuf Ab Kharabad, Faramarz Fetrat Nejad, Jalil Mohammadi, Nezam Sadeghi, Afshin Nadimi, Hussain Pilooti, Rahman EbrahimZadeh, Abbas HashemPoor Are among the detainees. (If new names appear they will be added to the list).
According to the news, the detainees were transferred to Rajai Shahr prison in Karaj and until now no further news is available.
We, members of the Coordinating Committee to Help Form Workers’ organizations, condemn the arrest of the members and other workers activists. We demand the immediate release of all workers activist. We expect all workers activists and organizations to protest against these arrests.
Source: Iran Labor Report