- Imprisoned Dervish Transferred to Hospital after Heart Attack
- Seven prisoners Were Hanged In Northern Iran
- Three Prisoners Were Hanged In Central Iran
- Dervish Issued Harsh Sentence to Intimidate Others
- 2 Christians are arrested in Tehran
- Iran’s Pre-Election Crackdown on Journalists
- CIA head visits Israel to discuss Syria, Iran's nuclear program
- US targets Iran rial, gold imports in sanctions pressure
- Israel air strike on Syria 'is a message to Iran and the US'
- Israel Will Strike Iran 's Subterranean Nuclear Sites
- Iran, not Israel, faces an existential threat, says top US analyst
- Oil-rich Emirates a key part of defense against Iran
- Religious leaders ban 30 women from running for Iran's presidency
- Iranian cleric: Women can't be president in Iran
- Iranians marrying foreigners without state consent face prosecution
- More women smuggling drugs out of Iran
- Canada’s High Court could try Iran for Zahra Kazemi murder
- "Hole"/ Saba Vasefi
- When it comes to Syria and Hezbollah, Israel is walking a tightrope
- IRGC: World now eying Iranian regime's resistance
- Two Iranians in Kenya found guilty of bomb plots
- Iran develops rocket-launcher submarine, smart ships
- Iran to unveil indigenous ballistic, cruise missiles
- Why Iran Is Trying to Save the Syrian Regime
Sunday 24 June 2012
ISNA reports that the Shiraz ProsecutorAli Alghasi Mehr told reporters: “In dealing with violent crimes, we will consider the letter of the law and in no way shall we compromise the rights of society.”
He reported that officials are currently dealing with three cases that involve 11 detainees charged with enmity against God and corruption on earth.
He added: “In order to fight violations against public safety and their perpetrators, we have separated the criminal and security court from other courts and put new regulations in place to speed up various processes.”
He reported that the accused are charged with “armed robbery”, which can carry the death penalty in Islamic Republic courts, the same as murder, drug trafficking, rape, kidnapping and other crimes.
In the latest example of executions in Iran, four individuals convicted of rape were hanged in public.