- First Half of 2015: 570 Prisoners Hanged to Death in Iran
- Masood Bastani on a 3-Day-Furlough from Rajai Shahr Prison
- Shokrollah Ghahremani Fard Arrested and Transferred to Ahar Prison
- Mohammadreza Afshar Arrested and Transferred to Evin Prison
- Hossain Rounaghi Maleki Sent to Furlough
- Mansoor Arvand Executed without Any Prior Notifying of His Family
- Obama: I will walk away from Iran talks if its a bad deal
- IDF Appoints Special Team to Plan Strike on Iran
- Corker chides Obama administration on nuke concessions to Iran
- Khamenei States Red Lines For Iran Nuclear Deal
- West ready to help if Iran limits its atomic program
- The making of an Iran nuclear deal: ‘patience and a thick skin’
- Iranian women aren't even allowed to watch volleyball
- Latest List of the Political Prisoners in Women’s Ward
- Women 'Forbidden' From Attending U.S. vs. Iran Volleyball Game
- Iranian woman on FB fights mandatory dress code
- Female genital mutilation practised in Iran, study reveals
- Iran: Internet dating website launched by state
- Iran admits to 400 funerals for Syria fighters
- Israel sees Iran as main problem in region, US views it as part of solution
- Khamenei’s Representative: DAESH Is Not a Critical Issue
- Hezbollah officials slam Nasrallah for hand outs to Mughniyah family
- Iran Still Supports Terrorism, State Department Finds
- Is Iran paying Afghan mercenaries to fight in Syria?
Monday 04 February 2013
Iran Human Rights: According to reports from reliable sources in Iran, as many as 400 prisoners may have been executed in Vakilabad Prison, Mashhad. According to the sources, there have been secret executions of prisoners taking place every Wednesday and Sunday, and sometimes up to three times a week. No detailed information is available on the amount of prisoners executed, but at least on one occasion the number of executions were as high as 50 people. Sources say that up to 400 prisoners may have been executed in the past four or five months.
Sources say weekly executions are still taking place.
The information on these executions has been confirmed by two independent sources. Iran Human Rights (IHR) will publish more details when available.
IHR and several other human rights organizations warned in September 2010 about secret mass executions in Vakilabad Prison. According to IHR’s annual reports on the death penalty in Iran, at least 226 prisoners were executed in 2010 and 133 prisoners were executed in 2011. More than 200 additional reported executions were not included in the reports due to lack of details.
Iran saw a temporary halt in executions in late 2011 as a result of international attention on the issue.
IHR urges the international community to react to reports of secret mass executions in Vakilabad Prison. Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam, the spokesperson of IHR said: "We ask the UN to conduct a fact-finding mission in Iran to urgently investigate reports of mass executions in Vakilabad Prison."