- Video shows heartbreak of children of American pastor jailed in Iran
- Iran's Christians flee to unlikely sanctuary in Bulgaria
- Iran bans permanent contraception to boost population growth
- Further Information: Seyed Jamal Hosseini found dead in Turkey
- At least 3 death row prisoners taken to solitary confinements
- Ibrahim Farabad Fallahiyah sentenced to 6 years in prison
- Rouhani calls Iranian critics of his nuclear policy "cowards"
- Iran denies agreement on Arak, Fordow nuclear sites
- The Unspoken Issues of the Vienna Talks
- Clinton: Any Enrichment by Iran Could Trigger Arms Race
- IAEA asks for 1 million euros to oversee Iran nuclear deal extension
- Cut Obama some slack on Iran
- Poet Known As The 'Lioness Of Iran' Dies At 87
- Hitting the beach in hijab in Iran
- City of Tehran’s female workers fired 'for own well-being'
- Marriage of 31,000 Underage Girls in 9 Months
- Iran won’t let women watch the world cup
- Female Musicians Banned from Stage in Isfahan
- Iran's elite Guards fighting in Iraq to push back Islamic State
- IRGC: Tsunami of Iran's Assistance to Palestine to Destroy Israel
- IRGC: "We Will Hunt Down Israelis House To House "
- Khamenei calls for end to 'murderous' Israeli regime
- Does Iran genuinely support Hamas and the Palestinians?
- Why You Should Blame Iran For The Gaza Conflict
Monday 04 February 2013
Iran Human Rights: According to reports from reliable sources in Iran, as many as 400 prisoners may have been executed in Vakilabad Prison, Mashhad. According to the sources, there have been secret executions of prisoners taking place every Wednesday and Sunday, and sometimes up to three times a week. No detailed information is available on the amount of prisoners executed, but at least on one occasion the number of executions were as high as 50 people. Sources say that up to 400 prisoners may have been executed in the past four or five months.
Sources say weekly executions are still taking place.
The information on these executions has been confirmed by two independent sources. Iran Human Rights (IHR) will publish more details when available.
IHR and several other human rights organizations warned in September 2010 about secret mass executions in Vakilabad Prison. According to IHR’s annual reports on the death penalty in Iran, at least 226 prisoners were executed in 2010 and 133 prisoners were executed in 2011. More than 200 additional reported executions were not included in the reports due to lack of details.
Iran saw a temporary halt in executions in late 2011 as a result of international attention on the issue.
IHR urges the international community to react to reports of secret mass executions in Vakilabad Prison. Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam, the spokesperson of IHR said: "We ask the UN to conduct a fact-finding mission in Iran to urgently investigate reports of mass executions in Vakilabad Prison."