- Vigil to be held for British-Iranian mother jailed in Iran
- The Christians of Iran
- Iran: 26 Prisoners Including Two Women Hanged
- Saeed Shirzad “Before It’s Too Late,” Warns Lawyer
- IRGS Blocking Temporary Release of Canadian Resident
- U.S. Resident Imprisoned in Iran “Punished” for Going on Hunger Strike
- The Iran tab: Full cost in question
- Mullas Received ‘Billions’ From Obama Administration in Cash, Gold & Assets
- Priebus: 'Yet to Be Seen' If Iran Deal Will Stand
- Sanctions renewal becomes law
- State: Iran is wrong, Trump can dump nuke deal
- Iran says US threatens nuclear deal, warns of 'strong reaction'
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- More women in Iran are forgoing marriage. One reason? The men aren't good enough
- Iran’s Brutal Treatment of Female Political Prisoners
- Women, Iran, and Democratization
- Secret details emerge on Iran’s Cyber Army
- Mattis: ISIS ‘couldn’t last 2 minutes in fight with our troops’
- Iran’s rising influence raises Saudi eyebrows
- DNC frontrunner Ellison Met Privately With Osama Bin Laden Supporter
- Is Iran Developing Chemical/Biological Weapons?
- 10 Things We Should Learn From the Ohio State Attack
Tuesday 22 November 2016
A senior Iranian military commander predicted on Monday that the Palestinian Arabs would “get rid of Israel” in the next 10 years.
Speaking to students near Tehran and quoted by the semiofficial Fars news agency, Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Naqdi said the Palestinian territories will be “freed from Israel's occupation” within a decade, expressing hope that the notions, thoughts and ideology that led to Iran's Islamic Revolution would help the Arabs get rid of Israel.
Naqdi further claimed that the Islamic Revolution helped Iran get rid of the United States over 35 years ago, rescued the country from Saddam Hussein's aggression and helped the Lebanese to get rid of the Americans as well.
"Considering these developments, liberation of Palestine by the Islamic Revolution is not unlikely at all," he claimed, according to Fars.
Naqdi’s comments follow ones he made earlier this month when he predicted that the United States will collapse in less than 20 years and that President-elect Donald Trump will speed up the process.
"According to the analysis made by the behind-the-stage and shadow decision-makers of the establishment in the U.S., the United States will collapse in 2035 and I think that it is an optimistic analysis as this will take place much earlier," he told Fars.
Referring to Trump, Naqdi added, "The person that has ascended to power displays the reality of the U.S."
The comments are another example of the anti-Israel and anti-American rhetoric that is constantly spoken by Iranian officials.
Chief among them is Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has referred to Israel as a “cancer” and in the past threatened to "annihilate" the Israeli cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa.
In March, the Supreme Leader ruled out his country having ties with the United States or “the Zionist regime” – that is, Israel – claiming he had proof that the United States was planning a coup in Iran.
In May, a senior Iranian military commander threatened Israel and claimed that his country can destroy the Jewish state “in less than eight minutes”.
Earlier this month, Iran’s Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, claimed Israel is the biggest threat to humanity, world peace and international security.