- Iran: Nine Prisoners Hanged
- Iran: Four prisoners in imminent danger of execution
- Iran Commutes Death Sentences of Some Juvenile Offenders
- Why Iran Tried To Assassinate Me -- And How I Survived
- Iranian Scientist May Face Death Penalty, Family Says
- Iran: man and woman sentenced to death by stoning
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- More women in Iran are forgoing marriage. One reason? The men aren't good enough
- Who Ordered the Hit on Russia’s Ambassador?
- Trump Reveals Plan to Defeat Radical Islam
- Misperceptions Could Throw the US Into War With North Korea
- Persian Gulf War Games
- Iran Carries Out New Missile Tests After Trump Imposes Sanctions
- Iran world's 'biggest state sponsor of terrorism,' Mattis says
Wednesday 07 December 2016
A pilot and his assistant were killed in Iran on Tuesday when a rescue helicopter carrying eight people on a training crashed in a lake in Chitoor, northwest of the capital Tehran, according to state media.
According to Iranian media, the 205-helicopter belongs to Iranian Helicopter Support and Renewal Company that works under the Iranian Ministry of Defense. It crashed at 11:30 (local time) due to a technical problem.
Fars agency quoted the Mojtaba Khalidi, spokesman for the Emergency Center, saying that “the pilot and his assistant died while they were dispatched to the hospital, while the others are still being treated.”
The incident occurred five days after a crash involving a reconnaissance aircraft belonging to the Revolutionary Guard, which was on a military mission in Baluchestan province, southeast of the country, engendering the death of its pilot.
Helicopter incidents have been increasing in Iran over recent years - in May, a MiG-29 fighter jet crashed and its pilot Roozbeh Nazerian was killed in Hamadan province, western Iran.
In the same context, a F7-helicopter crashed during a training flight on April 27, but the pilot and his assistant were able to jump off before its collision.
Another Iranian military aircraft, which was a F4 helicopter, crashed in January due to a technical problem, near the city of Chabahar, leading to the death of the pilot and his assistant.
Iran is facing difficulties in the renewal process of its air force, due to the imposed sanctions provoked by its controversial nuclear program over the past years, as well as the new sanctions caused by its armament and missile programs.