- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Thursday 02 February 2017
Throughout the past year, the Islamic Republic of Iran, a country directed by and devoted to the teachings of Islam, has acted in an extremely hostile manner towards the United States.
Here are just a few of the combative approaches the Islamic Republic has taken.
#1 November 21, 2015: Iran Test Fires Ballistic Missile
During the negotiation process of Barack Obama's famed "Iran Deal," Tehran defied expectations of Democrat leadership and launched a Ghadr-110 ballistic missile. However, Obama clarified that it would not derail his so-called "deal."
#2 January 12, 2016: Iran Captures 10 U.S. Sailors, Stealing Sensitive Information and Equipment
Iran took the ultimate leap of faith when they captured two U.S. gunboats and the 10 U.S. sailors on board. Iranian General Hossein Salami released a video of the sailors crying after the incident.
#3 January 29, 2016: Iran Flew a Drone Over U.S. Aircraft Carrier
An Iranian surveillance drone was flown over the U.S. Harry truman aircraft carrier taking "precise" photographs in part of a larger naval drill.
Cmdr. Kevin Stephens acknowledged the act, but said the drone "posed no danger to the ship."
#4 March 8, 2016: "The Power of Velayat," Iran's First Missile Test Since Signing Obama's "Iran Deal"
The test came during the exercise named "The Power of Velayat," which is a reference to the religious doctrine of the Islamic Republic's leadership.
"Our main enemies, the Americans, who mutter about plans, have activated new missile sanctions against the Islamic Republic of Iran and are seeking to weaken the country’s missile capability," Major General Amir Ali Hajizadeh said.
"The Guards and other armed forces are defenders of the revolution and the country will not pay a toll to anyone... and will stand against their excessive demands."
#5 March 28, 2016: U.S. Navy Finds Iranian Missiles and Rockets Headed to Yemen
The U.S. seized an enormous shipment of arms, including machine guns and rocket-propelled grenade launchers, headed from Iran to Islamic militants in Yemen, a that shipment included 1,500 AK-47s, 200 RPG launchers and 21 .50-caliber machine guns.
It was the third seizure of weapons by international naval forces in the Arabian Sea that month. Each time, the weapons originated from Iran.
The U.S. was not the only country to catch Iran running guns throughout the Arabian Peninsula. The French navy seized a shipment of arms that included nearly 2,000 AK-47s, 64 Dragunov sniper rifles and nine anti-tank missiles and the Royal Australian Navy intercepted a dhow on February 27th carrying a similar cache of arms.
#6 August 22, 2016: Iran Releases Propaganda Video Showing Islamic Attack on U.S. Navy Fleet
An office under the supervision of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei produced a video showing an Islamic holy war being carried out by Iranian citizens against a fleet of U.S. Navy ships in the Persian Gulf.
A group of Islamic men carrying Iranian flags can bee seen charging towards a U.S. ships followed by total destruction of the fleet.
#7 August 24, 2016: Iran Successfully Conducts Intercept of U.S. Destroyer
A U.S. destroyer was confronted and intercepted by four Iranian warships near the Strait of Hormuz. The U.S. response to the incident was to declare the situation "unsafe and unprofessional."
As the Iranian boats charged towards the destroyer, American sailors on the USS Nitze can be seen in a video firing flares and blowing the warship's horn in defense of the ship.
#8 December 6, 2016: Iran's Message to President Trump, "The U.S. is Our Enemy!"
Iranian president Hassan Rouhani made it clear during a speech at the University of Tehran that President Trump will not "tear up" Obama's nuclear deal with the radical country, and also warned that Tehran will react to any extension of American sanctions.
"The U.S. is our enemy," Rouhani said.
#9 January 28, 2017: Iran Bans Americans From Entering the Country
In retaliation for President Trump's ban on immigration from Iran, the government in Tehran decided to do the same.
"Iran, to defend the dignity of the great Iranian nation, will implement the principle of reciprocity until the removal of the insulting restriction against Iranian nationals," the Iranian foreign ministry said in a statement.
#10 January 29, 2017: Iran Conducts the First ballistic Missile Test of 2017, Defying U.N. Sanctions
The action proved to be a direct violation of the U.N. resolution and would go against Obama's "Iran Deal" filed in 2016. The missile was a Khorramshahr medium range ballistic missile and traveled 600 miles.
The U.N. Security Council held an emergency meeting the following Tuesday.