- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Wednesday 04 January 2012
Iran Human Rights: The new year (2012) begins with more reposts of executions in Iran. According to official and unofficial sources at least 25 prisoners have been executed in the past two days.
Two prisoners executed in the prison of Arak (south of Tehran):
According to Markazinews (official site of the Markazi province, south of Tehran) two prisoners were hanged in the prison of Arak early Tuesday morning January 3. According to the report the prisoners were identified as "J. Sh." and "A. A." and were convicted of "keeping and carrying 2,5 kilograms and 4400 grams of concentrated heroin and crack, respectively".
Secret execution of 22 prisoners in Tehran according to unofficial source:
The website "Human Rights and Democracy Activists of Iran" (HRDAI) reported that 22 prisoners were executed in the Evin prison of Tehran early Tuesday January 3.
According to this report the prisoners who were allegedly convicted of drug-related offences had been transferred from the Ghezel Hesar prison of Karaj to Tehran’s Evin prison on Sunday January 1. The report identified 13 of the prisoners by name and said that there was one Afghan citizen among them.
One prisoner was executed in Zanjan:
According to "Kurdistan News Agency" (Kurdpa) one prisoner identified as Salah Rashidi from the village of "Arbila" near Urmia was hanged in the prison of Zanjan (west of Tehran) on Monday January 2. According to this report the prisoner’s body was handed over to his family few hours after the execution. He was convicted of drug trafficking, said the report.