- Iran: Eight Prisoners Hanged on Drug Charges
- Daughter of late Iranian president jailed for ‘spreading lies’
- IRAN: Annual report on the death penalty 2016
- Taheri Facing the Death Penalty Again
- Dedicated team seeking return of missing agent in Iran
- Iran Arrests 2, Seizes Bibles During Catholic Crackdown
- Trump to welcome Netanyahu as Palestinians fear U.S. shift
- Details of Iran nuclear deal still secret as US-Tehran relations unravel
- Will Trump's Next Iran Sanctions Target China's Banks?
- Don’t ‘tear up’ the Iran deal. Let it fail on its own.
- Iran Has Changed, But For The Worse
- Iran nuclear deal ‘on life support,’ Priebus says
- Female Activist Criticizes Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Iran’s 1st female bodybuilder tells her story
- Iranian lady becomes a Dollar Millionaire on Valentine’s Day
- Two women arrested after being filmed riding motorbike in Iran
- 43,000 Cases of Child Marriage in Iran
- Woman Investigating Clinton Foundation Child Trafficking KILLED!
- Senior Senators, ex-US officials urge firm policy on Iran
- In backing Syria's Assad, Russia looks to outdo Iran
- Six out of 10 People in France ‘Don’t Feel Safe Anywhere’
- The liberal narrative is in denial about Iran
- Netanyahu urges Putin to block Iranian power corridor
- Iran Poses ‘Greatest Long Term Threat’ To Mid-East Security
Tuesday 06 December 2016
Iran's "free ride is over" now that President-elect Donald Trump has nominated retired Marine Gen. James Mattis as his secretary of defense, retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters said Monday.
"He certainly is [tough]," Peters said during an appearance on Fox Business Network. "Gen. Mattis understands the Middle East. He served there in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and contrary to that 'mad dog' nonsense, he is a very level-headed, firm guy.
"He doesn't want to go to war if we don't have to, but if we go to war, he wants to win. Iranian leadership should be very, very afraid. Their free ride is over."
The Washington Free Beacon posted a clip of Peters' remarks on its YouTube account.
Peters has been critical of President Barack Obama and his foreign policy, including the controversial Iran nuclear deal. He told Fox he welcomes Iran's recent threats to the U.S.
"Bring it on," Peters said. "The Iranians are so used to getting their way on all things. They have virtually dictated our Middle East policy. Obama has been clinging to this awful nuclear deal so doggedly because it's his last standing foreign policy legacy that he's allowed Iran to run rough shot."
Trump said last Thursday he had selected Mattis to lead the Department of Defense in his administration.